The 8th International Conference on Internet Chinese Education
July 12-14, 2013
Pasadena, California, USA
Call for papers
Chinese Language Teaching and Learning in the Cloud-technology Era
Sponsor: Overseas Chinese Affairs Council (OCAC), R.O.C（Taiwan）
Co-Sponsor: Pasadena City College
Program Organizer: Department of Teaching Chinese as a Second Language.
National Taiwan Normal University (NTNU)
Conference Site: Pasadena, California, USA
Deadline of abstract submission: March 1, 2013
Notification of abstract acceptance: April 1, 2013
Submission of full paper for Conference Proceedings: June 1, 2013
Conference: July 12-14, 2013
Conference Languages: Mandarin or English
Sub-themes and frameworks:
Welcome to submit papers for, but not limited to, the following themes:
1. The problems and introspection of technology-assisted language teaching
2. The negative effects of Chinese e-learning and its solutions.
3. Mobile learning for Chinese as a second language
4. Individualized Chinese learning with computer technology
5. The development and application of Chinese teaching resources with Cloud Technology
6. Development of instructional materials and testing of Chinese CALL (Computer-Assisted Language Learning).
7. Design and Implementation of Computer-based Chinese curriculum and instruction
8. The operation for Chinese distance instruction or Internet-based Chinese school.
9. Application of advanced technology in Chinese language teaching.
10. The illustrations or achievements of the cooperation on Chinese CALL between industry and academia
Types of Abstracts:
Types of abstracts being solicited are research papers, seminar, demonstration, workshops and case report.
1. Presentation of empirical research studies
2. Discussion of method development and application
3. Workshop or demo for Chinese software or pedagogies
4. Seminar about the concepts and theories for Chinese e-learning
1. For Penal submission:
A panel should include 3-4 papers with a main theme and sub-title for each paper. Materials including the main title and its description, the integration and relations of these papers, the abstracts for each paper (with no less than 500 Chinese characters or 200 English words for each paper).
2. Abstract for individual paper submission:
Around 600~1,000 Chinese characters or 300 English words (1 to 2 pages) with title and keywords (in Big-5 codes or Unicode.)
Please send the abstract and attendee's information to the Secretariat of Academic Committee via email at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 1, 2013. All of the proposals will be reviewed anonymously by external reviewers. The notification of acceptance will be sent to the authors through email by April 1, 2013. Full papers should be submitted by June 1 to be included into the Conference Proceedings of CD-ROM Version (will be distributed in the conference), and the sponsor has the right to select for Post-Conference Proceedings (paper or CD-ROM version).
Name of author/presenter, Gender, Affiliation, Job title, Nationality, Email, Postal address, and Phone & fax numbers.
Full paper submission:
8-12 pages (A4 or Letter size, 12 points), including title, abstract, keywords, content, reference (with pictures and appendix). Pleases make the file as .doc or .txt format and send to email@example.com.
※ Information about Conference Hotel, Registration will be subsequently released around the end of February on the Conference website at URL http://edu.ocac.gov.tw/icice2013 and http://www.ntnu.edu.tw/tcsl/icice2013
※ For more information, please contact the Secretariat of Academic Committee (Department of Teaching Chinese as a Second Language, NTNU):
※ Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgPhone: +886-2-7734-5184 (Miss Pei-chun Lin) Fax: +886-2-2341-9746
實況 Live recording